Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tbonham27  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 5:35:31 AM(UTC)
tbonham27

Groups: Registered

i have possibly two issues that are intertwined.. I will try to be brief.

I find a puddle of water in my garage and track it back to my laundry closet, water under machine.. I am sick, I unplug it and close the valves because the hard wood is already ruined. not massive amounts of water. just pooling underneath. after a day and a half sick in bed I see that the puddle in the garage has increased by atleast 50 percent (about 9 sq ft not including the supply trail.
### we were winding down a 96 hour streak of below freezing temps and the supply and drain for the machine is opposite the garage area which is not insulate and neither was the stud run housing my plumbing. so obviously a potential cause.

not being able to recreate a inoperable drain I took the machine apart to look for leak or cause visually with no luck. I filled the drum with water and it held with zero leaks from drum to pump to drain spout

the only noticeable mechanical issue I could find was that with belt on or off the drum would easily spin from the bottom in both directions but from the top just a few inches before freezing up either way.

I am asking for thoughts on the repair as well as thoughts whether the water is somehow related to a failed hub or bearing. is it possible the water sloshed from the tub and flooded the inside? what should I buy or what should I look for.. the freezing plumbing scenario is possible but I doubt it was affected considering it wasn't on an exterior wall and my equipment in the garage was not affected. ie pressure wash lawn mower ect. thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.