Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nature boy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 12:52:18 AM(UTC)
nature boy

Groups: Registered

I have a 6 month old ventless Whirlpool Hybridcare dryer that has two lint filters, one in the door and another on the lower right of the machine that you clean once every 5 loads. This is called the hybridcare filter since it attempts to filter airflow again to prevent lint from clogging up the condenser/evaporator etc. So behind my hybrid care filter there is a seemingly non-removable screen and behind that I can see lint and debris building up but I can't get to it. This is apparently a common problem with this model and I've read others that say you have to virtually disassemble the dryer to clean it internally every 6 months or so, and another that said her service tech cut the screen with a razor and folded it back and used a toothbrush to clean the lint off the condenser fins, and then taped the screen back up with electrical tape.

I (and others) feel there is a design flaw here and I am hoping you might have information on updated parts or updated service methods for cleaning BEHIND the hybrid care filter. Otherwise it's a great dryer and my electric bills have never been lower.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dmyford  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2018 10:50:07 AM(UTC)
dmyford

Originally Posted by: nature boy Go to Quoted Post
I have a 6 month old ventless Whirlpool Hybridcare dryer that has two lint filters, one in the door and another on the lower right of the machine that you clean once every 5 loads. This is called the hybridcare filter since it attempts to filter airflow again to prevent lint from clogging up the condenser/evaporator etc. So behind my hybrid care filter there is a seemingly non-removable screen and behind that I can see lint and debris building up but I can't get to it. This is apparently a common problem with this model and I've read others that say you have to virtually disassemble the dryer to clean it internally every 6 months or so, and another that said her service tech cut the screen with a razor and folded it back and used a toothbrush to clean the lint off the condenser fins, and then taped the screen back up with electrical tape.

I (and others) feel there is a design flaw here and I am hoping you might have information on updated parts or updated service methods for cleaning BEHIND the hybrid care filter. Otherwise it's a great dryer and my electric bills have never been lower.

I agree! I believe that the hot fibers that pass through the fine filters, blow into the permanent screen and attach. The repair people make it clear that this Error Code is NOT covered under the warranty. Here is how I have attacked this design flaw. I found a very thin wire (a violin E string is perfect) which i thread through the permanent screen and carefully pry off the lint blanket from the condensing coils. (be sure to remove the plastic door of face breaking off one of the hinges!). I also bought a can of compressed air and after I have done as much cleaning as possible, I shoot blasts of air to dislodge any remaining fibers from the coil. This has kept me running since my initial error code. I am curious if, once the permanent screen is clean, could I irrigate the coils with water to flush them off? Anybody tried this?
nature boy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2018 1:13:48 PM(UTC)
nature boy

Thanks for writing in with your techniques!

I have not gotten an error code yet but I do feel drying times are longer than when the machine was new. I'm at about a year now so I may tackle the whole disassembly of the cover to really get it cleaned out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply