Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChiefQM  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 2:54:38 PM(UTC)
ChiefQM

Groups: Registered

My KitchenAid Fridge's ice dispenser quit working. I think I know what caused the problem but have no idea how to fix it. I had removed the ice bin to dump the ice into a cooler, and when I tried to put it back in place on the inside of the door, the bin wouldn't seat properly. After fiddling a bit, where the shaft goes through was found to not be lined up. I turned the part on the fridge door so the bin would seat, and now the ice maker won't dispense. When I press the lever, the light comes on and the hatch into the freezer opens, but the auger motor doesn't run. I suspect I gooned up the timing. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tinasingh  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 5:45:07 AM(UTC)
tinasingh

The reason is that the door switch turns off the ice and water dispenser when the refrigerator door is open. If the door switch fails, the dispenser will not turn on. To determine if the door switch is defective, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the door switch does not have continuity when activated, replace it. You have to check it properly it before buying it or take help from Nagur modular kitchen.
ChiefQM  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:18:38 AM(UTC)
ChiefQM

I failed to note in my first post, the water dispenser still works. It won't work when the door is open, so I still think it's the motor. The fridge is almost 15 years old and I have already replaced the ice maker. I looked at the price of a motor and it is more than I want to invest in a fridge that I will likely replace in a year or so. I was hoping there was some way to reset the motor, as I suspect I gooned up the timing when I turned the shaft.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply