Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TysonHorlacher@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 11:55:47 AM(UTC)
TysonHorlacher@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

I have a dishwasher that recently has stopped drying dishes well (leaves them really wet), leaves small pieces of debris (food) that I can pretty much rinse off in the sink on dishes, and doesn't regularly dissolve the tablet for washing. All of these symptoms appear to have presented at the same time.

I have done some checks and in my testing it appears to fill and drain without any problems (after cycles there is no standing water in the bottom of the dishwasher). The inside of the dishwasher is clean and generally dry (dishes are completely wet though). It is a metal interior. When running a cycle it fills just fine but when I expect the washer motor to come on it generally clicks about 2-4 times (sometimes with starting the motor for less than 5 seconds). By the 4-5 time the washer motor seems to stay on but sometimes it seems to wait for several minutes between fill and when the motor comes on.

I did find some eggshell recently inside the rotating washer arms (which I removed the arms and shook, blew and compressed water through them until that was clear).

Any suggestions will be appreciated>

Additional info. Dishwasher is about 2 years old.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TysonHorlacher@gmail.com  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 6:11:34 AM(UTC)
TysonHorlacher@gmail.com

Update of additional work done.

I have removed the rotating arms, temporarilly plugged the hole to the upper arms, and hose back pressured the system to perhaps clear any potential blockages in the circulation pump. The first 3-4 times (drain cycle run between pressurizing) the water was very foamy and it did bring out some eggshell remnants (not big enough for a blockage). Nothing solid that seemed big enough for a blockage came out. I did this cleaning 6-8 times.

Then dishwasher ran a test cleaning overnight. At first the circulation pump didn't seem to come on easy (short grumble about 6 times). After it seemed to be stopped completely, I manually ran the cancel drain cycle and restarted the wash cycle after that. It kicked on immediately after fill (which it wasn't). Dishes appear to be clean but remain really wet. I am planning to check continuity in the heating element to see if that was damaged in any way during the project. are there any other things I should check?

Thanks
jimmcnally  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 6:23:11 PM(UTC)
jimmcnally

Hi Tyson,
Did your back pressure cleaning of the circulating pump correct the problem?
I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher with the same problem!
Jim
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply