Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chuckwagon00  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:48:56 PM(UTC)
chuckwagon00

Groups: Registered

I got an F7 error code and no buttons worked (Oven controls, Clock , Timer etc). Replaced the Oven Control Board and clock turns on but nothing else. I could not change the time as no buttons worked. After about 5 minutes, I got another F7 error code with the the letters db. Ribbon was difficult to remove, is it possible that it was damaged? Or perhaps that it was bad to begin with?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 8:08:07 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I did a search and found this.

"Many ovens built by GE display error codes on the display when problems are detected. The F7 error code indicates that there is a problem with the buttons of the control panel. The code comes on when two or more buttons are stuck at the same time. The oven cannot operate when this condition exists.Jan 23, 2011"
chuckwagon00  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 9:13:50 AM(UTC)
chuckwagon00

Groups: Registered

OK, so I ended up replacing the keypad and all the buttons work but now the oven wont turn on. So I replaced both the Oven Control Board(GE WB27T10416 Range Control Board) as well as the GE WB27T11076 Range Key Panel Assembly. The stove works and the oven fan turns on when I use the new keypoad to turn on the oven but the elements dont fire up.

I took a picture of the wiring/connections on the Control board beforehand so I know the wiring is correct. Any ideas?

Originally I thought it was the Control board but I think that it was the Keypad that was bad.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply