Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rschleicher  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 4:48:05 PM(UTC)
rschleicher

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn-Air combination wall oven and microwave (with a common control panel on top) - model is JMW3430.

The microwave actually has a convection oven burner element on the ceiling, and the light bulb housing is just above this burner element. (Basically the bulb is in the middle of the ceiling, somewhat towards the front.

The bulb has gone out, and I don't see any way to remove the bulb. There is what appears to be a small glass dome over the bulb, but I don't see any way to remove it. Maybe it unscrews, but it's not turning.

Is it really possible that you have to pull the unit, or, alternatively, pull the control panel from the wall, to get at the bulb from the top? That seems incredibly stupid, to require significant disassembly just to replace a light bulb....

There are also Kitchen-Aid (and maybe Whirpool Gold) units that are essentially the same as this one, if that helps.

Am I missing something? If anyone can direct me to a source for the service manual, I'd also appreciate that. Thx!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:12:54 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I don't know this microwave, but many microwaves have a grill above the door that comes off and the light compartment can be accessed through there.

Just make sure its unplugged before you change the bulb.
rschleicher  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:19:34 AM(UTC)
rschleicher

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
I don't know this microwave, but many microwaves have a grill above the door that comes off and the light compartment can be accessed through there.

Just make sure its unplugged before you change the bulb.

Thanks for the comment, That Guy.

In my case, what's above the microwave is the control panel for both the microwave and the oven (it's a combo wall oven and microwave).

There is a front panel (exposed when the door is open) that frames the microwave cooking area. It has four Torx screws along it's top edge. It MIGHT be that removing these four Torx screws will allow the front panel to be removed, or tilted out, and that MIGHT expose the area above the cooking area, but I am a little leery of removing the Torx screws without knowing what will happen when I do.... The other way to access the bulb might be to remove the control panel that sits above it. It's just not obvious....
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply