Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ClotheslineChris  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 2:35:14 PM(UTC)
ClotheslineChris

Groups: Registered

** MAGIC CHEF YE20HN3
Electric Dryer
Problem: Not functioning - appears to have quit during drying cycle

[Prior to this issue, I had a problem of overheating and these dryer parts were tested and/or replaced: Thermostat, Thermal Regulator, Heating element. It was determined that the Thermal regulator was periodically making contact to ground because it was not sitting tight enough in the heating element box wall. With this issue corrected, dryer has worked fine for past month up until last night.]

Action so far:

I went to unload dryer and noticed clothes were still a bit damp. Tried to re-start dryer and nothing happened when I set cycle and tried to start it. Surmising that it did not finish drying cycle when failure occurred.

120 volts power present on both feeds to the 240 outlet and breakers did not trip as a result of this failure. I've re-tested continuity on the new thermostat, thermal regulator & heating element and all appear to be ok.

Also tested OK were door switch continuity in Normal Open & Normal Closed settings. Switch still makes a clicking sound when depressed.

Dryer belt & blower wheel intact.

The timer unit seems to be mechanically OK - it still turns & clicks accordingly to each cycle setting but, and I am not totally certain I did this test correctly, there is no voltage on the meter when the leads were attached to the POS & NEG terminals at the top of the timer when I would engage the cycles. There are other wires in the timer area that I was unsure how to test but the red & black looked to be the main power feed for this unit.

Any other suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ClotheslineChris  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:08:26 PM(UTC)
ClotheslineChris

Groups: Registered

Found the problem - pigtail wire came disconnected from terminal.

Originally Posted by: ClotheslineChris Go to Quoted Post
** MAGIC CHEF YE20HN3
Electric Dryer
Problem: Not functioning - appears to have quit during drying cycle

[Prior to this issue, I had a problem of overheating and these dryer parts were tested and/or replaced: Thermostat, Thermal Regulator, Heating element. It was determined that the Thermal regulator was periodically making contact to ground because it was not sitting tight enough in the heating element box wall. With this issue corrected, dryer has worked fine for past month up until last night.]

Action so far:

I went to unload dryer and noticed clothes were still a bit damp. Tried to re-start dryer and nothing happened when I set cycle and tried to start it. Surmising that it did not finish drying cycle when failure occurred.

120 volts power present on both feeds to the 240 outlet and breakers did not trip as a result of this failure. I've re-tested continuity on the new thermostat, thermal regulator & heating element and all appear to be ok.

Also tested OK were door switch continuity in Normal Open & Normal Closed settings. Switch still makes a clicking sound when depressed.

Dryer belt & blower wheel intact.

The timer unit seems to be mechanically OK - it still turns & clicks accordingly to each cycle setting but, and I am not totally certain I did this test correctly, there is no voltage on the meter when the leads were attached to the POS & NEG terminals at the top of the timer when I would engage the cycles. There are other wires in the timer area that I was unsure how to test but the red & black looked to be the main power feed for this unit.

Any other suggestions?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply