Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vignesh  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:14:25 AM(UTC)
vignesh

Groups: Registered

Hello Everyone,

I have Kenmore 72167909601 model which started acting weird from last night. While heating the food all of a sudden, when i closed the door it started making humming sound...and also observed upper, side walls are getting warm/hot.

I unplugged and switched off the unit. called kenmore and they said we will come in for $249+parts & labour. Not worth it.

Tried to plug it back and closed the door. Same humming sound. Display panels are working. Tried to heat water for 30 seconds and it worked fine. But humming sound continued. Left a glass of water and closed the door... humming sound continued and within a min my glass of water is heated without selecting any timer...

I see few recommendations like changing the door interlock switch. I opened the microwave and see two interlock switches... when i press it, i am able to hear the click sound. But i am not sure changing that would fix the issue. I am hearing the humming sound coming from either magnetron or HV Transformer.

I know that repairing microwave is very dangerous. But if something is simple i would like to try...

I really appreciate if anyone have a suggestion.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.