Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jwp1016@cox.net  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 2:23:12 PM(UTC)
Jwp1016@cox.net

Groups: Registered

Hello I am hoping you can help me out, my LG dryer will start for about 30 seconds and then turn off with a burning smell. This happens whether I put it on normal dry or air dry. I looked to see if there was Lint clogged in both the exhaust pipe as well as the bottom below the drum but no significant amount of Lint was touching the heating element plus the dryer doesn’t stay on long enough for the heating element to actually heat. While disassembling the dryer I noticed the smell was coming from the control panel and was hoping someone could tell me if this is a common occurrence for this LG model and if the control panel needs to be replaced. I am assuming and this is just a guess that one of the relays on the control panel is supposed to kick in within 30 seconds and is not which is causing the dryer to shut down. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated as it appears that replacing this board is going to be closely if I’m able to find it. I’m hoping someone has another test I can run to see if it something different. Thank you in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.