Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jair2006  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 3:46:29 PM(UTC)
Jair2006

Groups: Registered

Purchased 2006 Jen air model # JGS8860BDP Serial # 11280627JE Gas Slide In Range. Problem that the IGNITIER went out and the gas burner would not light. DIY guy here order the new Igniter. Needed to remove the burner which is secured by two philip screws to get the igniter. The problem the Philip screws are frozen. Tried to lubricate the screws. The screws are located deep in the burner so you can not get a good grip with vise grips etc. Only with a philips screw driver. A drill with a extension with a philips bit works but if I can not get them to move is going to strip the philips head Can not get the screws to move at all. Called two appliance repair company’s. First guy did not want to touch it and the second appliance company told me it was going to cost me more to fix it (for all the burners Philips screws are going to be frozen) than the gas range was worth and told me “get rid of it” and buy new one. What are my options? I could drill the screws out and buy a new burner but I may not still get the headless screws out with having to take the top off. If I need to take the top off I am ok with that but I need to locate an instruction manual that the gives the step by step description of that procedure. I called Jen Air and they were unless. Any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.