Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Erik42  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 4:19:03 PM(UTC)
Erik42

Groups: Registered

Have a Maytag gas dryer that had a bad igniter. Igniter was very definitely bad, ie scorched, split in element etc. Yet after installing a new igniter, still no glow. I've checked the high limit, the fuse and cycling t-stat and all check fine. What I did notice is that while I have low voltage across igniter(measured between wires that go to igniter) when checking each wire separately(to ground) I am getting 120 volts to each. I know there should be 120 volts at red wire to igniter but 0 on white neutral wire yet I have 120v to each. I've looked over the wires that run from coils to igniter and they seem fine. Would a bad coil cause this condition or are the connections for igniter at coil only a jumper? I did notice that even though igniter doesn't even glow, the coils feel a little warm while power is applied. The only other component I forgot to test with meter is the flame sensor though judging from the condition I am finding with 120 v to both wires I wouldn't think the flame sensor would have a thing to do with that.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.