Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stevens4x  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 12:11:18 PM(UTC)
Stevens4x

Groups: Registered

Wish I’d found this forum sooner. Our washer sounded like a train coming through the house and the repair dude wanted about $400 to replace the bearings. My wife bought the kit for $50 and I did it following videos on the internet.
Before the repair, the washer worked as well as could with blown bearings but man it made a mess everywhere. After the repair I got the f51 error so I replaced the stator sensor also. It didn’t change anything-the motor never spins- it will try briefly to but never finishes (engaging?). What else can I check? It’s been down almost two weeks and my wife’s had it :)

I’ve only tried on the clean washer setting because it needs to get clean. It does begin to fill with water but I guess once it’s checked the spin it doesn’t continue on.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:23:00 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It sounds like the rotor may not be going on far enough. I've experienced this once when I received a new bearing kit and the drive shaft didn't have the threads tapped deep enough which didn't press the rotor on the shaft far enough so the RPS would detect it spinning.
Look to see that the rotor is fully seated in place. As a mater of fact the edge of the rotor should almost be touching the grey splash shield. If there is a gap even 1/4 inch the RPS may not detect it properly.
I had to remove the rotor and then use the bolt like a tap slowly screwing it in farther then backing it out and farther until it was completely inserted. I then replaced the rotor.
That helped me I hope it helps solves your problem.