Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pbaco  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 7:24:38 AM(UTC)
pbaco

Groups: Registered

I had someone bump the function selector knob with their hip, and the shaft that connects to the selector switch broke off. (i'm trying to ignore how a part can break so easily on such an expensive appliance)

So, I bought a new selector switch (MFG Part Number: 00619076).

However, I am not able to remove the control panel fascia to get access to the area that contains the controls.

I removed all the obvious fasteners: knobs, screws behind knobs and the sheet metal screws directly under fascia panel. However, this panel is still fastened tightly and there has to be something I'm missing... a fastener somewhere or tip/trick to get this thing off.

Can anyone help?

thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 8:10:04 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Same problem here.... exactly the same cause too ironically. Looking for help getting the fascia off :-/
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2023 2:18:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
PRG364GDH -- Selector Switch replacement suggestions

Dear Men that are pissed off that Thermador makes an extremely cheap part that is very susceptible to being snapped off:

First, DO NOT attempt to remove Panel-Fascia. I tried it and as noted above, the panel is NOT easily removable.

Second, Make sure you have Torx allen wrenches and perhaps Torx screw drivers on hand. You can get a good set at a very reasonable price from Amazon for next day delivery. Do not try and force the bolts with Philips screwdrivers -- you could strip the heads off and you will be even more pissed off-- perhaps somewhat balistic because now you have to call an authorizedand Bosch rep at very unreasonable prices. Make sure you have Allen wrenches more so than screw drivers as some of the bolts may require a bit more torque to free them initially.

Third, preferably shut circuit breaker to stove--I didn't and I did not blow up my house, but you should.

Fourth, Access the switch through the burners. Each burner requires the removal of 3 screws. Check the schematics, and CAREFULLY remove all parts down through the Heat Shield. You will now have access to the Selector Switch. Remove the two screws securing it through the Panel-Fascia.

Fifth, Reverse the process to reinstall.

Lastly, if you have trouble removing the broken portion of the stem from the knob, take the knob apart by removing two screws to separate the plastic housing from the metal knob. Once removed, you can drill a small hole through the plastic so that you can push the broken end of the stem out.

Hope the above helps some poor $#@%&* that gets stuck replaceing their Selector Switch.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply