Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ksford1  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 11:19:17 PM(UTC)
ksford1

Groups: Registered

S.O.S....My washer filled as usual, but when I returned to add more clothes, I quickly noticed a burning smell, and saw that the basket was full of water, but was not agitating. I tried a different cycle setting to see if it would agitate but no luck. I changed the cycle setting to see if it would spin or do anything and it did not, but I did hear a humming sound coming from the control panel. But it was hard to tell where the burning smell was coming from.......it smelled like burning rubber and also an electrical burn as well.

I turned the machine off and unplugged it just to be safe. I came back to the machine about 15 minutes later, said a quick prayer, and tinkered around with the control knob and it work on the spin cycle, on every setting, but would not agitate and still made the humming noise at the control panel, the burning smell had subsided. The pump seems to work just fine, and the wash spun and pumped out all the water. I allowed the rinse water to fill, but again it faild to agiate, so I ran a spin cycle again to empty out all the water.

Do I have a problem with the control panel or is it the motor, drive belt, gear/agitator problem, etc.... I know I really can't complain, it's been a great product and has never needed work b4, but I'm at a loss, especially with the high cost of repairs these days. Should I try to trouble shoot it further, or should I call in reinforcements??
Thanks for any help..........Kelley
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.