Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ron.Easterling  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 2:16:54 PM(UTC)
Ron.Easterling

Groups: Registered

My heating element stays on during cool down and during air dry. I blew a thermal fuse. I replaced it and checked the exhaust for lint and blockages. I found none. I ran one load and blew the new thermal fuse. I replaced the thermister and ran continuity test on cold and hot four wire thermistat. It disconnected at about 280 degrees F. I have checked my heating element to see if it is grounded and I can't see any sags or breaks. I checked the continuity and I got a reading of 9.9 on the lowest setting on my multi meter. I have checked the temperature at the thermostat and no matter what cycle I put it on it heats up to about 240 degrees. It appears the thermal fuse is blowing in the cool down cycle when the clothes are dry and the temperature keeps going up due to the heating element staying on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Ron
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.