Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sworddylan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 6:50:20 PM(UTC)
Sworddylan

Groups: Registered

Hello all! I recently picked up a maytag french door fridge. It is having an issue where the freezer is getting cold but fridge is not. The evap and condenser fan both seem to work fine, ive seen them both come on. The people we bought it from said the freezer has always worked great but the fridge sometimes worked and sometimes didnt. Im not sure what else to test and dont want to go buying parts on a whim. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Sworddylan  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 10:16:08 AM(UTC)
Sworddylan

I checked it again this morning an same thing. I then tried taping the damper door open and did not help any. I opened the doors and unplugged it to let it warm up a bit and hopefully trigger it to turn on and now the freezer isnt cooling down either. Icemaker also isn't working.
Sworddylan  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 11:07:42 AM(UTC)
Sworddylan

Well, not the freezer is a back to 0 degrees. The exterior display was still flashing 38 degrees though? I pulled the icemaker assemble out and left it plugged in. fan was not spinning, i gave it a spin and it continued to spin. if i stopped it again, i could hear it buzzing but would not start spinning. If i gave it a spin it would again continue spinning and the buzzing would go away. I just ordered a new fan motor. Would this explain the ice maker not working though? Maybe because there is no ice in it, or not cold enough?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply