Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niffirg20  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 4:43:52 AM(UTC)
niffirg20

Groups: Registered

I have an Amana side-by-side that is 11 or 12 years old. The water dispenser has started dripping. It will drip slowly for 10 or 15 minutes after use. This would just be an annoyance except that the water line to the ice maker is doing the same thing. After a few days the slow drip to the ice maker forms an ice dam at the end of the water line coming into the ice maker.

I have replaced the primary and secondary water inlet valve and attempted to purge air from the system (detached the water reservoir and moved it around to dislodge any trapped bubbles then ran the water dispenser continuously for a little over 3 minutes). The drip has continued although it does seems like it has slowed down a bit.

Does anyone have ideas on what else could be causing my drip? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

niffirg20  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 5:21:23 AM(UTC)
niffirg20

I checked again a few minutes ago and it seems that my drip has stopped. I guess purging the water lines (which was the last work that I did the frig) is what stopped the drip. I didn't realize this initially because there was still some residual dripping immediately after purging the lines. All seems to be good now.
niffirg20  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 6:59:03 AM(UTC)
niffirg20

So I thought that I had the drip fixed, but I was wrong. It has slowed down a lot but not gone away. It is still letting out 3-4 drops every 2-3 hours. Apparently, the drip is coming out of the water dispenser as well as the supply tube to the ice maker, because it is slowing blocking the supply tube with a chunk of ice. Any ideas? Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply