Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nroy792  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:12:28 AM(UTC)
Nroy792

Groups: Registered

Hi. I bought my Whirlpool Top loading Washing Machine WTW5000DW1 exactly two years ago. The machine was starting a load, but stopping at the spin cycle. It was clicking so I think it was a lid lock issue. I ordered the assembly part and replaced it. Now it won't even start a load. There is power, I can get to the diagnostic mode, but don't understand how to read any codes. I press start and nothing happens now. :confused:

How do I interpret the lights on the diagnostic mode into an error code so I can figure out how to fix it? Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:23:21 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Open the entire top of your machine. [Typically this is done by removing two screws on the back that hold the top in place and also removing the wire cover plate. Then slide the top forward, lift and slide it back and lift open] On the inside wall you will find plastic bag with the tech sheets. There you will see how to interpret the flashing lights into error codes.
Nroy792  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:11:51 AM(UTC)
Nroy792

Thanks brobriffin. I found the booklet. Figured out my error code is for the lid unlock. Maybe I installed the new latch incorrectly? Part didn't come with instructions. Had to try and guess as I couldn't find anything on it. It is a clip on latch assembly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply