Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jstrefeler  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:10:11 PM(UTC)
jstrefeler

Groups: Registered

Hi! My Kenmore Dryer Model Number 110.60942990 won't run unless I hold the start button down. When I hold the start button down, the machine doesn't heat and the timer dial does not move. On other forums, it is suggested that this may be the control panel, but they are referring to a different model of Kenmore. Could this be the case for me and if so any suggestions on how to go about the repair would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 7:57:55 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

I'd have to test incoming 220V supply but I'd suspect your relay to be the issue. If you haven't flipped the breaker a few times yet do it.

Can't be certain without testing but this is common on this style.

The parts only shows 1 relay in the console but I believe there are 2. 1 for motor and 1 for element.
Whirlpool WP3405281 Relay - AppliancePartsPros.com

That's best guess and if you have a multimeter it'd nice to be more certain; because after that it could be the timer or a few other options that we could rule out.

At that age I'd replace both because they are the same age, but the motor one tends to die first. So if you want to take a leap of faith change the relay, it's easily accessible in the console. Just be sure to flip the breaker off first.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply