Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FixFix  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 5:46:11 AM(UTC)
FixFix

Groups: Registered

Need help troubleshooting why my dishwasher does not spray anymore. The washer fills and drains without any issues, but when it is time to spray it is absolutely quiet. However, if I open the door when it should be spraying, and start and close the door to resume, I hear a fan running underneath the washer. Not sure what this fan is(maybe dryer or heater??) and why it is running when I interrupt the spray cycle(even though it is not spraying).

I ran the error code cycle, and no error codes. I ran the service cycle just for the spray/wash and it does nothing, which also confirms something is wrong with the spray cycle.

I also cleaned out all the spray arms, and the trap area. One other thing I noticed is that if the washer is completely dry, then the spray will work for just the first time(spray occurs several times throughout a full wash). I don't know if this is a red herring, but it has been reproduced twice.

Not sure if it is the board or the circulating pump - or something else. Anyone else experience this type of failure? Suggestions appreciated.

GDT580SSF7SS

- James
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.