Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chevyone  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 9:50:31 AM(UTC)
chevyone

Groups: Registered

Hi!
Last year replaced both the CB and evaporate fan no problems!
Yesterday we left the bottom freezer (0°)was door a bit and temp in freezer went up to 17°F Refrigerator temp climbed to 44°F and it appears to be staying there. Freezer temp dropping now to 10°F.
Thinking that because the bottom door was open and perhaps ice build up somewhere I shut breaker off for about a minute. No change in refrigerator but freezer temp. seems to be dropping. I don't feel much air coming out the vent up in the refrigerator portion.
Suggestion? Do I need to take bottom door and all the plastic off again to see if ice is on the coil down there? Shut the unit for a longer period? AGH.
Guys thanks and have a FUN day!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

chevyone  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 9:52:39 AM(UTC)
chevyone

Wife just indicated that temp now 45°F freezer 10°F
chevyone  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:26:31 AM(UTC)
chevyone

That afternoon I emptied the bottom freezer(shut off power) and got on my back and removed the plastic to get access to the evaporator motor. Turned power back on = motor was running. Shut power off and then took additional plastic out. Found the coils packed solid with ice. Due to the 70°F room temp and a shop vac defrosted the coil in about 1/2 hr. Dried everything up. Put the plastic parts, door and trays back. Turned power on and within 4hrs temps back to normal. So by leaving the bottom freezer door open about 1/4" the ice built up on the coils to the point no air could pass thru the fins and thus no cooling could be accomplished.