Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crosis  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2017 3:24:45 PM(UTC)
crosis

Groups: Registered

Appliance: Sears 970-C97912-10 combo washer/dryer.

Problem: The TIMER KNOB does not push in/pull out

Interestingly the washer is fine -- i have to turn the TIMER SKIRT to whatever area and the machine just auto starts. The problem of course is while turning the skirt it is activating each indicator. This suggests the timer knob is stuck on the pulled out "activated" position because normally i have to push the timer knob in and then i can turn both the knob + skirt to the position i want and then i pull out to activate things.

For the record the washer timer appears to be fine; i started the cycle on Normal and it went through the entire process fine just fine, even stopping when done. So the problem appears to be the timer knob.

I dont know how the knob is attached to the washer timer shaft -- maybe the problem is the knob itself or maybe something is wrong with the shaft preventing it from being pushed down?

Thanks for any tips.

For the record this YouTube video looks similar to my washer/dryer combo. I will get some photos / videos of my own soon.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.