Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jtluke@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 6:39:37 AM(UTC)
jtluke@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

bought this machine used, really nice, but shortly after getting it home, SY EF code comes up. The previous owner replaced evaporator fan, so i went and got a new control board, put it in and it starts up(the condenser), but then i hear it immediately shut down... any thoughts?? anyone??? please help. When the EF code originally came up, i wud unplug it, let it sit for about 10 minutes, and plug it back in. I guess this reset everything cuz it wud then work for about ten hours before the code reappeared and the machine again shut down.
thanks for any direction!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 8:52:52 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

That code means the control lost the fan speed feedback signal. It is a variable speed fan and the control drives and monitors it. If you are certain the previous owner replaced the evap fan motor and did it correctly, and you've replaced the control you may have a bad connection or broken wire somewhere, that gets fun to find.
At the fan you should have 12v DC between red and brown wires and variable voltage between brown and yellow I believe. I think you could also test this at the board but I can't tell you which plug from memory.
This could also be generated if ice or another object blocks the fan, or if the fan blade is wobbling and hitting the duct around it or otherwise misbehaving.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply