Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bartonappliance  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 5:41:26 PM(UTC)
Bartonappliance

Groups: Registered

HELP!

LG Compressor model #: TCA35911902 for a Model #79574029411 KENMORE ELITE Bottom-Mount Refrigerator.

Just got in a new compressor and trying to install...but for some reason this is reading the same as the old....I can't imagine that it is actually a DUD as it is brand new....pray it's not.....

Someone out there able to tell me what voltage it should be showing? What resistance should it test to be??? Please...asap....working on it now and quite desperate...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 6:37:12 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

This a variable speed linear compressor driven by an inverter board so forget all you know about the old style. Voltage will vary depending on what the main control thinks it needs. It'll peak about 200V I think. Amp draw is meaningless too. Freaking pain in the a@@ to diagnose unless it's noisy or other obvious issue.

There's a button on the main board, press it and it beeps; that'll put it in test mode 1 --full speed compressor. It'll take a few seconds to ramp up. You can test voltage at the board if you want to.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply