Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LSUStephen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:10:14 AM(UTC)
LSUStephen

Groups: Registered

GE Gas dryer started squeaking recently when it runs. It sounds loudest at the front, top, left corner. I was thinking it was the belt, but I can't find a part number for a belt for this model. Does it have a belt? If not, my next guess is the drum glide bearing. Is the correct part # WE3M26 for the bearing?

Anything else I should consider changing while I have the dryer open? It is about 8 or 9 years old.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 6:11:26 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

It does have a belt but that's probably not it. You're on the right path with the glides. However if you are getting squeaking you may be past the glides only. You may need the whole upper "bearing"; it's the plastic frame the glides mount in.

There are 2 different glides, a white pair and a green pair. Change everything at once, the glides are cheap. There is also a kit with a belt included.

GE WE49X20697 Dryer Bearing Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com

Watch a vid on youtube or wherever before you change the belt, as you're doing it blind with both arms inside the machine and it isn't as easy as it seems the first time. Or just skip it as you probably don't "need" it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply