Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ritawashere@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 3:08:03 AM(UTC)
Ritawashere@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

Hello the dryer didn't initially runs when I push the start button. It runs for maybe 20 seconds and then quits I also at that time notice of burning smell. I have made certain that my outside vents are secure as well as the inside. Now days before this happened I noticed a lot of humidity condensation on the inside door of the dryer. Because of this I checked all my vents. Now somebody can please give me an idea as to what the problem is that would be fantastic.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thorning  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 5:29:22 AM(UTC)
thorning

Groups: Registered

Not sure if you have the typical problem I sometimes find on GE dryers which is lint buildup inside the dryer in the drum back baffle area. This is very difficult to clean out but it will result in this lint starting to ignite. The lint is packed in behind the drum circular baffle on the inside rear face. To clean it the drum must be removed and the lint removed by blowing it out when the drum is inverted on the floor. PITA job and dirty. I have found them with this lint smoldering. Good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply