Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JBull1011  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 11:32:16 AM(UTC)
JBull1011

Groups: Registered

Hi All,

I am having an issue where my electric dryer will run for about 20-30mins like it should but without fail, will blow the main breaker. The 30 amp fuse has never blown which is the reason I am so confused. This also happens when nothing else in the apartment is being used so I am confident it is not an overload.

Is this an issue with the main breaker itself or is this a mechanical issue with the dryer itself?

I am using a Frigidaire stack able unit, relatively new (within the last 4 years.

Does anyone know what is happening here?

Thanks
JB
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 7:37:16 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

When it runs it does heat and run normally? That would generally mean it is OK internally, if there was an internal short that would usually happen very shortly or immediately after starting. It should also be caught by the 30A dryer breaker (which is 2 120v 30a tied together or one double breaker)not the main, which is probably closer to 200A depending on your service.

In 10+ years of this I've never come across a dryer tripping the main as that handles a larger load and could be a safety issue since a ~180A or greater draw somewhere is a significant amount, you may want an electrician involved here.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply