Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CAELUS  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:54:11 AM(UTC)
CAELUS

Groups: Registered

Good day all,

My Whirlpool washer/dryer combo stops intermittently during the wash cycle. I have noticed that a very slight jiggle or pressure applied to the timer selection knob (timer part #3347890) allows the machine to resume its wash cycle, and I have (for now) solved this problem by attaching an elastic band to the timer selection knob on the front of the panel.

I want to complete the fix. I suspect that the timer has dirty contacts and I wish to remove it, open it, clean it, and return it, but I am unable to identify how to release the timer knob and its skirt from the panel. Also, in frustration, I have broken the knob itself, so I will have to replace it eventually anyway.

Your assistance and guidance is appreciated!
CAELUS attached the following image(s):
20170822_123741-extramini.jpg
20170822_123729-extramini.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.