Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PLNX107  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 12:57:23 PM(UTC)
PLNX107

Groups: Registered

I am so thankful to come across this forum. I was about to call for a repair when I found this group! I'm hoping someone can help.

After defrosting our fridge, I noticed the temperature jumps several degrees within a couple of hours when I turn on the ice maker. It then fluctuates between 40 and 46. With it off, it stays steady at 36. I'm not sure if this is truly an issue or if I'm just hyper aware of it now that I've recently noticed it. Ive checked the seals on the fridge and around the ice maker on the door and they seem OK. No tears or cuts and they look clean.

Some background... We started to see a sheet of ice would form under the meat and cheese drawer in the fridge which would cause water to drip along the freezer drawer then onto the floor. After clearing the ice a couple of times, we decided to allow it to defrost for a full day. After a successful defrost we plugged it back in, pushed it back into place and re-leveled it.

We noticed that it wouldn't go below 40, which we understand is a danger zone. After waiting a couple of days for the fridge to settle, we never saw it stay below 40. After reading the manual for tips, I turned off the upper ice maker as the manual says it can take longer to cool with it on. Sure enough the temperature dropped to the set point of 36 and remained there pretty consistently. I left the ice maker off for a couple of days to confirm while leaving the lower ice maker on. The temperature was consistent. Today, I turned the upper ice maker back on and within 2 hours, the temperature rose to 40 and stayed there with the fridge running to try and cool it.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I thought it was best to provide the detail in case it helps someone help me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.