Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blackcivic96  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2017 6:12:33 PM(UTC)
blackcivic96

Groups: Registered

Hello experts!

I have a Frigidaire front load washer that has been giving me tons of problems the last couple weeks.

Two weeks ago we noticed the washer leaking a bit, so I took off the front to inspect the drain and the pump and found them clear. Reassembled the machine and all seemed to be working properly, until the next day.

Then it wouldn't complete a cycle, we tried normal which starts at "47" it ran at the most until 20-25 then the timer went back to 47 and stayed there. Checked and the error code was E52 (Bad signal from tacho generator) so I pulled the motor and all tests check out except the resistance on pins 4 & 5 which was around 89 Ohms (acceptable range is 105-130 Ohms). So assuming the motor was bad I ordered a new motor, installed it and same issue continued. Pulled the new motor and it had the same Ohm reading on 4 & 5 pins, so I put the old back in, since readings on all were the same.

Now I was receiving E59 (No tacho signal for 3 seconds), so I ordered a new motor control board and front control panel for good measure.

Installed the new motor control board and it worked! For two loads... Then continued to do the same thing, not even getting near to completing the cycle before resetting.

So then today I replaced the front control and the pump (from an old washer that was a direct replacement) and it is still not working- pump works fine, but the washer is still leaking and doesn't complete a cycle!

So now I have it narrowed down to the door lock, which has tested fine or the bearing on the drum, which spins fine plus the leaks which isn't a major concern (for now), unless it is the cause.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated!

Side notes: since the "normal" cycles were not completing we were using the Rinse/Spin (without rinse selected) cycle which worked initially, but now does not. It turns one way half way then stops. And it is still leaking (I installed a drip pan when I installed the new motor- thanks goodness!).

Appreciate any help that can be provided!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.