Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
briandren  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:55:25 PM(UTC)
briandren

Groups: Registered

I have a fridge that is freezing cold at the bottom and warm on the top shelf. The freezer has the same issue, top shelf is not freezing food. I had a local service guy in to repair it, said it was the fan in the freezer. 200$ later, my fridge is the same as before. The fan still only runs sometimes, compressor is always running. I looked online, tested the J2 connector pins 3&8, they are at 12.9V DC, however, 3&4 only read 1.8V DC even after leaving both doors open for 5 minutes. If I unplug the fridge and re-plug it, sometimes the voltage will climb on 3&4 pins to 12.9V DC and the fan starts running. Once the fridge reaches temperature the fan won't come back on except for once in a blue moon, but it does randomly come on and operate as it should, just rarely. I've lost more food than I can throw out! Any help would be much appreciated. Should I gamble the main board cost? Are there any other possible culprits?
I should mention. I have cleaned the condensor fan area, even added a fan to help cool it down. That didn't help. It's been like this for months and I'm worried that the compressor will burn out. I also checked the defrost cycle and air flow to the fridge which are fine. Seems like it's a fan issue somehow.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.