Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
73buick225  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 9:11:08 AM(UTC)
73buick225

Groups: Registered

Belt broke on the dryer. Put on new belt and now the dryer will run for a minute or two and then stops. I thought maybe motor overheating with new belt, but when it stops, we can start it again immediately and it will run again for a minute or two and then stop again.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 9:53:49 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

On all cycles, timed or auto? If it restarts immediately it may be, power supply, door switch or timer.
Have to ask as I see many people try to access this design through back since there are no exposed front screws: did you do anything in back while diagnosing?

Check that front panel is properly hooked on lower mounts on both sides, if one side didn't get onto those prongs it twists and may allow door switch to show open.

Check connections of door switch... assuming you disconnected them to replace belt.

Pull plug out of wall and look for signs of a poor connection such as burns from arcing to prongs.
73buick225  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 10:45:24 AM(UTC)
73buick225

Did some more testing last nite. Still had a load in it, ran w/door open and finger on switch. Ran about 30-45 seconds and stopped. I could immedietly start it again, but again would only run another 30 seconds maybe. Took out the clothes and tried again. Started up and it ran for over 3 minutes until I stopped it. Put in half the load and tried it. Ran almost fine. Over the course of 30-45 min it stopped about 3 times and I had to restart it. Put in the second half and it ran about 30 min w/o stopping. Again I am wondering if the motor is just weak and maybe the belt just has to break in a little?
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 4:26:18 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

You've probably got a loose wire somewhere. If motor was overheating you need 15 min or so between restarts.
Belts don't need any sort of breaking in and this machine has no belt switch. Check plugs at switch and motor for loose or bad connections.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply