Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
88LXi68  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:13:30 PM(UTC)
88LXi68

Groups: Registered

New member here, and did a search of this site and on the good ole Google but haven't really solved my problem. I apologize in advance for a topic that has probably been covered a lot in the past.

So long story short, I bought this Refrigerator used 3 days ago to put in my basement. Seller advertised it as working properly and upon inspection the fresh food side was cold and the freezer colder. I handed my money over and went on my merry way.

Anyway, get it set up, it powers up and starts cooling. Next morning, the thing is still running, so I thought maybe it needs a good 24hrs to set the temperature, but I figured I'd go buy some temp gauges and place them inside just in case. That night when I got home from work, it was still running. Hopped on the web and found a little checklist to go over.

So in order:
1. I cleaned the condenser coils of all the crap that was on them.
2. I set the freezer to a lower temp than the fresh food part
3. My temps are -2 and 33 degrees
4.Both evap and condeser fans are working
5. thinking my evap coils were frozen I removed the back of the freezer panel. See pic for how they currently look. Do they look normal for 4hours of on time after a manual defrost?
6. I manually turned the defroster timer to see if the defrost coils worked and they were both bright red.
7. I am not sure my timer works properly - so ordered a new one
8. I think the seals on the doors are good, because there is resistance when sliding a business car along them.

Couple questions:
If the defrost heaters work when manually triggered does that mean the defrost thermostat on the evap coils work as well?
Or
Is it possible it is only recognizing a high temp when voltage is sent to it?
AND
Do I still need to check for continuity on the defrost thermostat?

Is there anything else I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
88LXi68 attached the following image(s):
evap.JPG
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.