Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Girliemom21  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:57:17 AM(UTC)
Girliemom21

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, I have read through the washer theads and can't find a thread with exact problems I am having. I hope someone can help me
Figure this out, as I'm wife trying to figure out the problem and fix. Washer History:bought for a rental company used , seemed to be working ok when I bought it.

Problem 1 - clothes not coming clean even after running another wash cycle
With a 2nd rinse. The time for the whole wash seems like it's taking longer and longer to completed over any hour in on normal wash cycle and casual set to light, but with 2nd rinse. It used to take less than an hour.

We have very soft water, the tins cycles only fill water just as beginning of wash,on regular and softener rinses, no spray as the owners manual says. The tub is. It moving while the water is filling in any of the rinses. After it fills for rinse it will agitate on first rinse. On 2nd rinse it will fill a couple of inches. No tub movement, then start draining then spin out.

Problem 2 - I have checked dogs, only moves one way, the bottom of agitator moves with a muscle push both ways and independent of the tub. I can spin the tub both ways too. The nut in agitator keeps coming loose:

I have pulled the agitator off,the splines look fine under bottom of agitator. I tried to move shaft with hand and won't move, but with agitator on and I push in bottom of agitator with some muscle (not like a finger) the agitator can be spun both ways. You can feel it moving the motor, and hear it. When moving the bottom agitator it moves separate from the tub. I can't get it tightened enough to make agitator not move at all: I have taken the agitator off 3 times. First 2 times lots of grease on transmission shaft splines and wet. But the cap under softener cup wasn't sealing. I cleaned cap took o ring off and put some dish soap on it to seal. Sealed and cap stayed. After 2nd time taking agitator off my my husband hand righted nut a little tighter than I tighted it. So I check agitator yesterday and seemed loose too off cap got wrench to see if nut was tight, and it was loose, like if I could of got my hand in there I Wouldn't need a wrench to u screw it.

When I try to raise agitator to see if loose while bolted in it had some play and makes A loud "knocking" metal hitting something noise. Just lifting it straight up?

Problem 3 - I have got tech book out and ran fault code errors test.
Will you get a fault code when your electricity is surging
For like an hour and the washer was on?

I got motor fault error: is this from a surge because it won't come back up.

Problem 4- no warm water

I have to run wash in to which this washer won't let you have straight got. Our hot water heater is set amlittler hotter than normal so running washer on hot is only way to get any warm water.

Why when I clean in "clean washer mode" it will put straight hot water?, and even in rinse? I got hot water to hot in rinse code last time I ran cleaning cycle. The inlet has been cleaned me checked by my husband. But it take 10-15 min to fill washer depending if on cold or set to hot. On large load: if I run on
Cold Tap water only this will seam like washer takes 2 hours. We have new plumbing so that is not the issue.

If anyone could please help me, I would greatly appreciate your help to figure out what is wrong. Our local appliance part store thought it was the trans and said this washer was only built to last 5 yrs, I find hard to believe. I specifically bought this washer so I can tell it How much and how hot water to put in the wash and rinses with more than a he washer.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Shelly
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.