Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dinan540iS6MT  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 5:22:42 PM(UTC)
Dinan540iS6MT

Groups: Registered

Bought a side by side fridge for the garage and was told it worked. I cleaned it up and thoroughly vacuumed the coils, around the compressor, etc. The freezer and fridge sides are both at good temperatures but the dividing wall between them is 119-120 degrees on the front. Anyone have thoughts on the cause or fix? I found a date of 2000 for the manufacture. I would assume the system is closed but it seems plausible some contaminate has blocked those part of the lines and it is over heating in that area.
Dinan540iS6MT attached the following image(s):
20170717_201046[1538].jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Kev1n69  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:56:25 PM(UTC)
Kev1n69

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Dinan540iS6MT Go to Quoted Post
Bought a side by side fridge for the garage and was told it worked. I cleaned it up and thoroughly vacuumed the coils, around the compressor, etc. The freezer and fridge sides are both at good temperatures but the dividing wall between them is 119-120 degrees on the front. Anyone have thoughts on the cause or fix? I found a date of 2000 for the manufacture. I would assume the system is closed but it seems plausible some contaminate has blocked those part of the lines and it is over heating in that area.

Without the heater strip that space between the doors will sweat and cause water on the floor and rust on the appliance.
This is normal I think