Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dokotak  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:25:06 AM(UTC)
dokotak

Groups: Registered

freezer side not cooling and also ice maker is not working as well on the side by side (samsung rs2556sh). Refrigerator side works fine.
the door on the freezer side left slightly open for a long time, after that the freeze side is not working.
I reset by unplugging and plugged back in after few hours and it is still not working.
I unplugged the refrigerator for a day to melt any ice in the evaporator. also, did self diagnostic by pressing power cool and power freeze at the same time, after the diagnostic, it is showing solid line (not blinking) dash line that would indicate the evaporator fan problem.
I opened up the panel to evaluate the evaporator fan in the freezer side. It was not turning so that I took it out the fan and connected to 9 V battery directly. When it is connected to the battery, it was turning fine.

I also check the voltage level on the connector on the freezer where the fan is connected, there was no voltage with power on the refrigerator.

I put the fan back in the freezer.

I also noticed that Ice maker is not working as well.

Now, I suspect, it is either temperature sensor or the control pcb board issue. but, would like to get opinion before I take all part out to get the the sensor. Can the sensor cause ice maker to not working as well as the cooling the freezer side?

Need some help on what shall I do now.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.