Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmkcc  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 3:40:44 PM(UTC)
jmkcc

Groups: Registered

I just pulled the top off thisslide in unit and am worried I damaged the top? It seems that the top is glued on with some type of silicone. AFter failing to find any latches or catches, I finally started prying all the way around to get the top off. I have one burner that refuses to light even though the ignitor sparksand gas flow freely. It's burner "F" which is the big one. The only thing I could think of causing this problem is if the ignitor was too low - figured I'd pull the top and adjust or figure out what I needed to buy. I may just buy the whole burner assembly as this has been a problem since we got the stove. No one ever figured out what the issue was.

Anyways, EVen after pulling the top, I can;t see any other way to remove it. The frame that the top is glued to is screwed in various areas and the screws are inside the stove body - so there is no way to remove that part of the frame along with the top. How do I reattach the top? Seems like a crazy way to attach a top.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.