Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Percy2459  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 1:08:27 PM(UTC)
Percy2459

Groups: Registered

My newly bought Whirlpool does not complete it's job!

When I press start there is a normal run and flame goes on and heats up. Flame goes out when heated and the drum continues to run. After a while flame comes on again and is heating up, but after a short while the machine stops completely.

When then trying to start it, the "on light" blinks when pressing start but nothing happens until after 10-15 minutes. Then you can then hear a “click” and it can then again be turned up.

And the story repeats...

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

I would like to mention that it has been converted to LPG and that it is running on 127V 50Hz - I do not know if that could be the reason but just in case.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:35:23 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

This is a coin-op machine? That probably doesn't really matter but it means the controls have been altered from a standard household model

If it stops on it's own and restarts 15-20 min later but only after you press start that sounds like the motor thermal safety is stopping it and then resetting, at which point it will allow the motor to run again.

Is the click you hear coming from down low, bottom left area?

Assuming it was converted to propane correctly and the person who did that job did not leave the vent disconnected internally or otherwise venting onto the motor I'd suspect a bad motor.

If the internal vent was disconnected from the blower housing during conversion and is blowing of leaking 200+ degree air onto the motor that can cause it to over heat and shut down. No harm is done as that is the function of the thermal safety on the motor but it shouldn't be doing it.

If it's under warranty still call it in. Most coin ops only have a 90 day warranty so do this quickly if it is that new.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply