Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JenBTampa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 7:31:53 AM(UTC)
JenBTampa

Groups: Registered

We started getting LF code on the occasional wash cycle 2 months ago. When that occurred, we'd cancel the load, power the washer on/off and restart it, usually with success. We checked the inlet valve screens and replaced the valves. The problem seemed to be gone for a week, then came back. We called someone out for repair and they flushed the drain line. The LF codes went away again for a few days, then came back. The same repair folks came out yesterday and said the problem is now likely the board. However, they suggested running the Clean cycle to rule out detergent buildup as the root cause and then unplug the washer for 2 hours. The Clean cycle wouldn't run without LF, so we ran the normal cycle with hot water and Affresh twice. After 2 hours, we plugged the washer back in and the normal cycle started up again, but then my husband powered the washer off after it filled for only a few seconds without hitting cancel and letting it drain. :mad: Thereafter, the washer would only spin and not fill with water on any cycle - almost like it thought it was already full of water. The rinse/spin/drain cycle is the only one that would allow water into the washer.
I saw some suggestions about replacing the pressure level switch. I took mine off and blew into it and I only heard 1 click, which I think means that it is faulty. My question is, would a fault pressure level switch also cause the washer to not fill at all on any cycle? But still allow the rinse cycle to fill?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.