Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FL Person  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:27:54 AM(UTC)
FL Person

Groups: Registered

KUDS40FVSS4 dishwasher. It's about six years old but has seen limited use. Detergent dispenser is not opening. It is completely clean and not sticking. I've put my multi-meter on the two dispenser terminals and get a reading of 0.00 (continuity). Based on what I read in this thread, 0.00 is a correct reading.

Info on this page suggests the problem could be a faulty bi-metal actuator. Where do I find and how do I test this? Is it internal to the dispenser sub-assembly? Do I need to remove and disassemble the dispenser to locate and test this?

It seems I'm down to either a faulty bi-metal actuator or a faulty control board?

Thanks.

FL Person
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.