Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
millergd999  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:59:16 AM(UTC)
millergd999

Groups: Registered

I am seeking help determining the cause of an intermittent natural gas smell that happens when igniting the oven on my 13 year old Viking VGRC365 range.

The issue is that when the oven is turned on for pre-heating, it leaves a pungent natural gas smell for the first few seconds before ignition that permeates the house. This happens during about 50% of the time when turning the oven on. Once the burner ignites, the smell mitigates, so it seems to be an issue during start-up.

The Tytronic spark module and the lower two oven glow ignitors were replaced in the last 4 months with OEM parts yet the problem persists.

Also, during oven pre-heat, the stove burners have difficulty lighting and produce a constrained flame. Often during pre-heat, the burner is slow to ignite and only forms a semi-circle of flames. The flames are blue, even if a full ring is not formed.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a gas pressure issue, normal behavior, or if I need to look elsewhere within the oven. I welcome any thoughts the forum may have on next steps.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.