Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rleigh  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 9:20:31 AM(UTC)
rleigh

Groups: Registered

Hello & thank you in advance for any advice I receive. We've had this dryer since 2010. It worked perfectly fine. We've had it serviced a few years ago for it's belt but other than that we've had no trouble. Let me just say that I believe it is it's thermal circuit.

It dried a load of towels last night. I went to put a load in this morning. Turned the knob to set it's time. When I hit pressed to button for it to go, it didn't. I also noticed the "check lint screen" light was flashing. It doesn't always do this. I've cleaned the filter, unplugged it, hit other buttons, and they all work. I don't know what else it could be besides that thermal circuit. Please help!! I got a load in the washer I need to dry....:(

Thank you:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:05:02 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

I'm not sure what you mean by "thermal circuit". The thermal fuse will stop the motor from being energized but the dryer may not know that and continue to count down. In general the dryer will also not know if the element is out and still run at least for a few minutes on sensor dry and often the full time on timed dry. So let's start at the basics:

First: is door switch working? Does it recognize the door is opened or closed by turning on/off the light. Turn on beeper if possible, does it give you triple or 4 beep sound when you press start? Does that change when door is closed versus open? The door switch is a black plastic tab hanging down that is depressed by the door when it closes, that tab often gets broken off during unloading or the switch breaks internally. It should make an audible click when pushed in.

It's common enough that I carry one as truck stock.
Here it is at this site: Whirlpool WP3406107 Dryer Door Switch Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com

If that isn't it---
Next: Try to turn the drum by hand, is it very easy as if belt is off or broken? It should turn motor and blower when the drum turns so it has resistance if belt is ok.

Finally do all lights flash or just specific ones? That may be a code it is showing.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 9:10:35 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
All the lights and everything seems to work fine except for the check lint light comes on when you hit the start button it clicks once but does not start
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply