Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Juliebolson  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:34:48 AM(UTC)
Juliebolson

Groups: Registered

Dryer was working fine. Then all sudden e68. Did some checking online most saying stuck buttons. Cleaned/made sure no buttons are stuck. Still e68 code after a hours of the dryer being off but plugged in we get error 68 agin. So we ordered a new control board put it in. Tryed dryrr seems to be runing fine dryed load of cloeths.agin went days with dryer being off but plugged in random e68 when no ones even used it. I'm at point I have no clue what is wrong any help would be awesome thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Fisher Man Sam  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:07:22 AM(UTC)
Fisher Man Sam

Hi Juliebolson,

My pleasure to help you.
Here’s some information and a video with respect to “E68”.
The link below is the video.
Copy and paste it into your address box then click go.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=GLEQ2152ES+error+code+68&pc=MOZI&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dGLEQ2152ES%2berror%2bcode%2b68%26pc%3dMOZI%26form%3dMOZSBR&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=FE00B1D48B1C34850D89FE00B1D48B1C34850D89&FORM=WRVORC

One of the buttons is stuck closed or shorted. Enter the function test mode and perform the button test to determine which button is stuck or shorted. When determined which button, try to free or unstuck the button then perform the test again. Replace the user interface board when the button is freed but the code still exists.

Press and hold the SELECT and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset the control. When resetting is successful, the buzzer will sound and "RES" will be shown briefly in the display, and then immediately rotate the cycle selector knob 5 turns in the counterclockwise direction to the second position from the bottom.

Press and hold the OPTIONS and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds to enter test mode; the buzzer will sound 3 times and all of the LED’s will flash rapidly.

Rotate the cycle selector knob 4 times in the clockwise direction to enter button test. Press the buttons one at a time and observe the LED’S corresponding to that button light up. The LED’S should light up; otherwise the button is stuck.

Press and hold the SELECT and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to exit test mode.

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.
Juliebolson  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:57:05 AM(UTC)
Juliebolson

Ok I tryed all that ...in my thread I stated I did all that yet still e68... when I put new control in I followed utube video. I talked to some one asking if I Callibrated the dryer after I put in new board. I did not it didn't come with instructions for that. What do they mean and should I do that
Fisher Man Sam  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 2:49:26 AM(UTC)
Fisher Man Sam

Hi Julie,

Person you spoke to is wrong.
You just replace the board.
Nothing to recalibrate.

The Common sense and logical questions you need to ask yourself now are:

Was the board you purchased new or used?
Was it the correct board for your model dryer?
Was the seller of the board reputable?
What’s the level of skill of the person who installed the board?
Was the power wire for the dryer removed from the outlet [COLOR="Red"]before[/COLOR] the new board was installed?

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply