Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tacktack  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 3:51:12 PM(UTC)
tacktack

Groups: Registered

Hello, all!

I have a Whirlpool fridge that we noticed today was holding a correct temp of approximately -2* in the freezer, but averaging 50* in the fridge.

I checked/cleaned all coils underneath and noted the fan is and has been running.

Moving the temp slider in the fridge did not reduce the temp, but has kept it running all day.

Any thoughts? Thanks!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 8:02:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

There are two sliders for freezer and refrigerator temperature control. Set the refrigerator slide at 3 and the freezer slide between 1 and 2. It would take about 12 hours to see a difference.

P.S. Make sure there is cold air blows out of the air diffuser (#12 on the diagram).
tacktack  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:53:46 PM(UTC)
tacktack

Groups: Registered

Hey, Gene!

Thank you for the quick reply. I set the two sliders per your instructions and things seems to have leveled off.

Items within the fridge are hanging around 38* and the air coming out of the diffuser was last measured at -5*.

I wonder if it was a fluke the fridge temp was down that much or if the slight difference in sliders made the difference. Prior to yesterday, both the freezer and fridge sliders were at the middle/default temp settings.

Can a diffuser malfunction and cause a temp imbalance, or is it simply a mechanical gate (controlled by the freezer temp slider) to allow freezer air into the fridge?

Thanks!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:12:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome.

The cooling coils are located in the freezer. Refrigerator part cools down with the cold air coming from the freezer through the air diffuser. When you move the freezer slide, you adjust the air flow from the freezer by open or close the gate inside. Colder freezer means less cold air into the refrigerator.
Air diffuser also can be blocked with the frost build up inside.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply