Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maverick  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:48:04 AM(UTC)
maverick

Groups: Registered

I replaced the bearing on my Whirlpool Front load washer (WFW9400SW01) with these (http://www.********.com/itm/391733609522) bearings. After putting in the bearings the drum rotates freely but when I put the drive pulley it becomes impossible to rotate the drum. If I loosen the driven pulley nut then I am able to rotate the drum but not freely. I have checked and the drive pulley doesnt seem to have an defect.

Do I need to reopen the drum casing and do some adjustments (if so what) or there could be some other problem?

thanks,
Sanjay
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:46:21 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

FYI links to other sites get **** instead of links on this forum, I'm not admin so I can only guess why. In your case I can guess where you got bearings by item # on end of link.

I've heard of success just doing the bearings but as a rule few techs I've ever known will do it due to issues like yours with those kits. I don't. I do whole rear shell and basket if the customer wants it or it is still under warranty.

Tightening that nut pulls the basket shaft back. My guess is that you have a bearing slightly misaligned or the basket is hitting the seal inside.