Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aljuaid86  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:20:44 AM(UTC)
aljuaid86

Groups: Registered

Ok so the washer fills water and then this happen:
Motor trys to start>suddenly lid unlocks>lid locks again> motor trys>suddenly lid unlocks>lid locks again> motor trys> and so on until it drains the water.

I ran the diagnostic on it but couldnt tell what is it telling me (the light on fill and spin is on, else is clear)

Please could any1 direct me to make proper further inspection? I need more sources on how to know the error codes signals and also i need some sort of guide that enables me to trouble shoot any parts i suspect is failed.

With all thanks to you all :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:57:42 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Now that you have run a diagnostic mode, go back into service diagnostic [fault code display mode] and tell us what codes you receive.

To accesss fault/error codes, perform steps 1 and 2 of Activating the Service Diagnostic Test Modes. Turn the cycle selector knob until only the Done LED is illuminated.
Now press start to receive your first fault/error code.
The first part of the error code is given with the fill LED on along with other LEDs. this is the F-code
Then it will flash to the fill LED off with other LEDs on, this is the Error part of the code. Thus giving you a code like F1E2
You can then cycle to the next error code by advancing the cycle selector knob clockwise.
You can retrieve the last 4 error codes this way.

Let us know the results.
aljuaid86  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:38:31 AM(UTC)
aljuaid86

Ok so the f code is flashing (fill-rinse-done) and the e code is flashing only (fill)

So is it going to live ??? :) ,,, Also is there a guide on how to trouble shoot the parts i suspect?
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:37:52 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Good we have narrowed it down a bit.
The F code is F5 which points toward a Lid switch/lock category.
But I'm curious about the E code flashing Fill, thats not a logical code.

However one of the issues in the Lid category is the "motor cannot be powered" issue. Also the control may not be sensing "that the lock has moved to the lock position.

Does the Lid lock LED flash on and off during your attempt at a normal cycle?
When your ran the diagnostic did the motor actually run to agitate and spin?
In your description you state that the lid locks, the motor trys to start etc.
Does the motor actually start if so and you were to open the lid quickly right after the lid unlocks can you see the baskets spinning slightly?
aljuaid86  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:50:59 AM(UTC)
aljuaid86

The motor spins little bet until the lid lock light start flashing and then stops flashing then motor start again until the red lid light start flashing again then motor stops and so on until it drains the first water fill and then there is no second water fill it just drys the clothes while doing the same issue working and stoping until it is finished.

I hope it is clear, what do you think i should do?
brobriffin  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:05:56 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

It sounds like a motor start issue or spin sensor issue.
If you are able to do some deeper diagnostic work, check the capacitance of the motor run capacitor. It should be within +/- 5% of the rated microfarads listed on the front. I believe yours should be 12 uF (microfarads)
If it is significantly lower like below 10.5 this likely is your issue.
If it tests between 11 to 13 then you may need to replace the shift actuator which also is the spin sensor.