Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mth456  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 7:59:46 AM(UTC)
mth456

Groups: Registered

My LCD Touch screen in not responding to touch. Refrigerator and freezer are working fine. Ice cubes and water works too. There is power to the touch screen; just nothing happens when you touch it. In order to have the screen light up, you have to push one of the buttons, like "precise fill". I already tried to unplug the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Any thoughts... Model # should be CYE23TSDCSS.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

AliClick  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:50:41 AM(UTC)
AliClick

I"m following this thread as the exact same issue happened with us (same model fridge, a couple years old). This occurred immediately after our contractor moved the fridge to its new location in our remodeled kitchen. Pressing on the touchscreen generally only produces a blur on the screen, although occasionally one of the selection icons will highlight, but can't get into any submenus. I've turned the unit off for ten minutes to reset.
mth456  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:17:31 AM(UTC)
mth456

I tried to turn the unit off to reset it - That didn't work. I finally found the problem. The touch screen display way bad. I replaced it with #WR55X22004. The install was very simple - took about 15 mins. The only hard part was taking the screen display cover off. Once that's off, it's 4 bolts on the front, then about 7 screws on the back. The part isn't cheap! New was over $300; I found on ******** for under $200.
AliClick  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:49:44 AM(UTC)
AliClick

Originally Posted by: mth456 Go to Quoted Post
The part isn't cheap! New was over $300; I found on ******** for under $200.

We got lucky - our contractor messed around with it yesterday and got it working again. Hope that the fix will stay. I did go online to GE to check the part and pricing. Tip - should you ever want to order anything direct from GE's parts website, instead of just putting it in the cart and checking out, initiate an online chat about the part. Twice I've done that, and twice the rep has offered at least 20% off and free shipping. Once they even called me back to offer it when I ended the chat too fast (they require contact info to start a chat session).
Z28power  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 7:10:17 AM(UTC)
Z28power

United States

I know this post is old but I wanted to contribute what worked for me.

This issue started a while back sporadically and the screen stopped being responsive to touch and it took multiple repeated taps on various parts of the screen to finally register.

It turned out the cleaners were cleaning the fridge with some sort of spray and leaving a chemical residue on the screen. I wiped it down by applying some isopropyl alcohol to a soft rag, tissue or paper towel and the screen is working perfectly!
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 9:14:38 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I found that when I remove the face plate cover the touch screen works perfectly. I put the face plate back on and it stops responding again. Something about the face plate that interferes with the screen.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2021 11:42:31 AM(UTC)

United States

How do you remove the face plate to access the touch screen
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2024 9:06:32 AM(UTC)

United States

To remove the faceplate you slide a putty knife down the top between the plastic bezel and the fridge door. Gently pop out 4 clips holding the top in by wiggling the putty knife. Once clips have popped out, slide bezel upwards. I learned this from a youtube video by appliancepartspros. You will need a 1/4" nut driver to remove bezel.

Edited by user Sunday, January 14, 2024 9:20:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added tool requirement

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply