Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FloozyALaMode  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:08:36 PM(UTC)
FloozyALaMode

Groups: Registered

Hey Everyone,

I had a Whirlpool Soft II with a leak so I bought a replacement pump and changed it out. No problems. Except, after I changed it I went to put the cabinet back on and noticed that the drum was WAY off kilter. Leaning at least a few inches to the right. I could manually correct it, but obviously it falls back out of place. I finished putting everything back together so I could test the pump (no more leak!), and see if the fact that the drum is badly out of balance would cause an issue when I tried it on spin (it agitates fine, it spins like a log truck rolling down a mountain).

So something must of come loose. I can't see anything wrong with my very untrained eye, but I'm wondering if y'all could help a girl out with some suggestions. One thing to note is that I did tip the washer up on its front when I was initially trying to figure out the leak.

Thanks so much!

Edit: So, I fixed it myself. Seems the drum got knocked out of alignment somehow and I disassembled it again a gently tugged it into the right position until it just clicked right into place.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.