Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AB81  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:19:06 AM(UTC)
AB81

Groups: Registered

Hello everybody, new to the forum.

I searched and couldn't find the answer I needed to solve my issue.

My Kenmore 90 Series dryer has started giving a pretty strong burning smell while running. It dries clothes fine, but they all smell burnt afterwards so it isn't much use. Plus, I'm afraid there's going to be a fire or something. Anyways, I've taken the heating element out and the coils are all in-tact. I used 2 different multi-meters on it, and one shows juice, but the other does nothing. (I verified both worked on an electrical outlet). Not sure if one multi-meter isn't powerful enough to pick up on it, or if the heating element is the issue.

Nothing has thrown breakers or anything like that. I've checked the thermostat with the multi-meter and it is showing juice.

Also, there was lint build up in the bottom of the dryer, but not as much as you would think (it is probably 10-15 years old). I vacuumed it out. I haven't tried it since vacuuming, but I wouldn't think it would be enough to cause this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.