Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scottiedg  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 3:59:22 PM(UTC)
Scottiedg

Groups: Registered

So my dryer has been taking way too long to dry a load. I have checked for clogs and cleaned out the vents and removed a pretty large amount of lint from the blower wheel. I tested the solenoids, the igniter, and the flame sensor for continuity and all appear to be working properly. I have done extensive research online and the other thing that seems to be a common problem is the heating element. The thing is I cannot find a heating element in this dryer. My online searches have turned up nothing for this dryer. There is a long duct-like tube that the sensor, igniter and thermostat are attached to but no coil.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 2:22:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Scott,

The heating source for your dryer is gas. That's why it does not have a heating element. Instead, it has a gas valve. Faulty gas valve coils is a very common problem with gas dryers. Unfortunately, Samsung does not sell coils separately, so you would need to replace the whole gas valve assembly.

The gas valve assembly Part number: AP4203162
Scottiedg  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 2:27:39 PM(UTC)
Scottiedg

Thanks Gene. I began to suspect as much. Is there something on the valve that could go bad other than the coils? I checked each for continuity and they are okay. Just wondering how I can determine that is definitely the problem. The only thing I haven't checked that I will look at when I get home is the thermostat and thermal fuse.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 3:23:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Long time to dry usually has nothing to do with the thermal fuse and thermostat. On another side very often a faulty gas valve coils very hard to test instrumentally.
You have nothing to loose if you order the gas valve assembly from AppliancePartsPros.com because you can easy return it if the new part would not fix the problem.
Scottiedg  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 4:48:52 PM(UTC)
Scottiedg

Okay - thanks for the info.
Scottiedg  
#6 Posted: : Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:12:39 PM(UTC)
Scottiedg

I received my gas valve and before I put it in I took the front off and started the dryer. Earlier in the week I was getting a flame and it was attempting to warm the drum. Now nothing. I replaced the valve and no change. I don't even smell any gas which I would think I would if the new valve is working and not lighting for some other reason.
I am not sure what made it go from a flame but not heating to no flame at all.

Any suggestions?
Gene  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:27:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Did you put the front back? The dryer would not run properly with the front removed.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply